Monday, October 4, 2010

and part three, the end.

my drive from big sur to san francisco was also incredible.



there was a bunch of crazy traffic and i arrived at the festival much later than i had intended to.

golden gate park is BIG! i rushed all the way through it, to the appropriate stage and got there just as conor's set was beginning.




i have always known that will oldham (bonnie "prince" billy) was strange and eccentric, but now he's really over the top. he didn't even play guitar. he had on mascara and red nail polish and danced around the stage all theatrically and rambled a lot.

here's ian before their sunday morning set. it was early and cold.

there were not very many people there for it. when he came out he said "what the hell are you all doing here? isn't it sunday morning?"





these were taken during their new song, "royal hawaiian hotel", which is so cool. VERY different from their usual stuff.


jimmy singing "let me come home"

and the last song was "her eyes dart round". i actually hung around again after and showed ian the "among the white storks" necklace. he thought it was very cool. when i showed him how i messed up the words on the back of the stork he said "no, it's cool. poetic license." he asked if i made all the jewelry i was wearing and then said "wow. you're good."

greatest show on earth
carrier pigeons
loves me tenderly
royal hawaiian hotel
let me come home!
run chicken run
st. stephen's end
take this bread
her eyes dart round

conor's saturday afternoon set was about the same as the other two:

laura's song
moab
four winds
well whiskey
no one would riot for less
train underwater
spring cleaning
***wonderful life*** (pretty cool)
easy lucky free
i know you
method acting
poison oak

when i woke up at my campground on the beach this morning, it was raining, california's way of making it easier for me to leave.



i had such a truly, incredibly amazing time! i saw so much awesome music and met so many lovely people and just feel so good. i have no regrets about my trip; there's nothing i wanted to do and didn't and nothing i did that i wish i hadn't. it was perfect. i am making the journey home now and cannot wait to be there. i can't wait to snuggle my family!

4 comments:

Metallo Bianco Jewelry said...

I hate it when trips like this end, but it is always nice to go home! :)

pencilfox said...

so good to see your beautiful, smiling face....

Lisa-Maladylis said...

have I told you how much I love the necklace yet ? Its just beautiful ! I have to say that it does make me feel better :-) It makes me feel loved when it seems the world is crashing down around me. Thank you for making me feel so special.

traci said...

What fabulous posts Kris!! I am so incredibly happy you got take such an amazing journey-- good for you!! :) Glad you made it home safe and sound. Love you A TON!