Thursday, January 28, 2010

jewelry as therapy

i have been out in the studio until after midnight 3 nights this week. aside from skiing, it seems to be the only thing that is really helping me to work through what's going on for me right now. it's simply amazing to me how therapeutic it is. i go out there full of frustration or angst or anger or despair and as i hammer and saw and torch and transform the metal into something new, those feelings are also transformed. i am just so very grateful (i know i say it a lot) to be doing what i love for a living. i wouldn't change a thing.

so tonight i finished a piece that i started in early december. i've been working on it a bit at a time and collecting the right stones for it... it is quite marvelous. i will share it with you tomorrow.

oh, and i was on the front page of etsy today! my large spiral earrings...

1 comment:

littlecherryhill said...

Grats on making front page!
I totally get what you mean about 'jewelry as therapy'. I dread to think about my mental/emotional state without my hobbies! They have kept the blues away so far! I hope they keep working their magic on you too. :)