Sunday, January 18, 2009

fundraiser



my mother was recently diagnosed with multiple myeloma, or bone marrow cancer.  it has, of course, been extremely difficult.  when i tried to think of something i could do, this was all i could come up with.  i made a cuff bracelet that says, "be joyful in your hope, patient in your affliction, and faithful in your prayers", which is a scripture my aunt sent to me.  i am not a traditionally religious person, but that really fit the situation and i knew she would love it.  on the inside i wrote "my body is strong and healthy".  once i finished it i decided there was more i could do.  i could use this bracelet to help more than just my mom.  so i am selling these in my etsy shop and 10% of the proceeds will go to the multiple myeloma research foundation.  

No comments: